Inclusive Wise Waste Cities (IWWCs) is one the projects of the Erasmus Initiative Dynamics of Inclusive Prosperity, and it is a collaborative, interdisciplinary research project carried out between researchers, experts and analysts in the Netherlands and China.
The aim of IWWCs is to clarify the effects of emerging waste-related technologies and value chains in cities, to develop tools that facilitate the transition towards more inclusive urban waste management systems, and to assess the wider transition to more sustainable, circular and inclusive cities.
The IWWCs consortium is comprised of six partner institutions:
• Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)
• Delft University of Technology (TUD)
• Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency (PBL)
• Peking University (PKU)
• City University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen Research Institute (CityU-SRI)
• Tongji University (Tongji)